Here is Matt's weekly look back and ahead at area boys high school basketball
1. Penn (7-0): The No. 6 (Class 4A) Kingsmen are giving up 51.9 points a game.
2. NorthWood (7-0): The Panthers are off to their best start in school history after wins over Tippecanoe Valley (58-43) and Fairfield (54-37).
3. Northridge (8-1): The Raiders tallied 40 second-half points in Saturday's 74-52 win over F.W. South.
4. Warsaw (7-2): The Tigers held Triton to 22 points over the final three quarters in Friday's 40-33 triumph.
5. Culver (6-0): The Cavaliers are enjoying their best start in program history.
6. Tippecanoe Valley (5-2): The Vikings managed just seven points in the fourth quarter in Friday's loss to NorthWood.
7. Washington (5-2): The Panthers' two losses (LaVille and Zionsville) have come by a total of three points.
Culver Miliary Academy (4-1): The Eagles are averaging 58.6 points a game.
Elkhart Christian (5-1): The Eagles are winning by an average of 26 points a contest this season.
LaPorte (7-2): The Slicers have not won six straight games since the 2003-04 campaign.
New Prairie (4-1): The Cougars are averaging 60.8 points a contest.
Riley (5-3): The Wildcats enter the 2014 portion of their schedule with three wins in their last four games.
UP AND COMING
Adams (6-4): The Eagles ended their three-game losing skid with wins over GDHS-Canada (71-25) and St. Joseph (57-55).
Argos (4-2): The Dragons are enjoying their best start since the 2009-10 season.
Clay (3-6): The Colonials have won two of their last three games, including Saturday's 63-62 overtime decision over Glenn.
Michigan City (6-2): The Wolves forced 16 turnovers in Friday's 54-49 win over Concord.
Plymouth (4-3): The Pilgrims used a 22-0 spurt Friday on their way to a 51-21 win over Whitko.
Glenn (2-5): The Falcons have lost four of their five games by a total of 15 points.
Knox (0-6): The Redskins have suffered 17 straight losses dating back to last season.
LaCrosse (1-7): The Tigers are allowing 64.5 points a game.
North Judson (3-3): The Bluejays surrendered 31 points in the third quarter of Saturday's 81-50 loss to Valparaiso.
Oregon-Davis (2-6): The Bobcats are scoring just 41.1 points a contest.
St. Joseph (4-3) at New Prairie (4-1) (Tuesday): The Indians have won 14 of the previous 16 games against New Prairie.
Triton (4-3) at Elkhart Christian (5-1) (Thursday): The Eagles dropped 14 of the last 16 games with Triton.
Lake Central (7-2) at LaPorte (7-2) (Friday): The Indians were a 59-36 winner over LaPorte in their last meeting.
Warsaw (7-2) at Northridge (8-1) (Friday): The Tigers are looking to extend their winning streak to seven games.
New Prairie (4-1) at Culver (6-0) (Saturday): The Cavaliers have lost five straight times to New Prairie.